What to do with food waste in Brentford?
Love Food Hate Waste and Friends of the Earth (FoE) Natural Resources campaign
BRAG support the Love Food Hate Waste campaign which provides loads of creative and practical ideas. For advice from FoE on how to reduce the impact of what you eat explore their Natural Resources campaign ‘get involved’ website.
Grow and buy local…
There are currently 29 allotment sites in the borough of Hounslow. Due to the volume of applicants all the allotment sites now have waiting lists. The waiting list for allotments in Chiswick, Isleworth and Brentford have been closed. Given this we are encouraging as many residents as possible to share their underutilised garden space through landshare.
You can support 150 local traders along Brentford High Street – one of West London’s most historic shopping areas, which was once the county market town of Middlesex.
Fresh wholesome food, including a range of organic produce, direct from the people who grew it.
- Chiswick Farmers Market – Organised by The Friends of Dukes Meadows and the proceeds are used to restore the park. The market is in front of the Masonian Bowls Club, Dukes Meadow, Chiswick. Open Sundays 10am-2pm.
- Ealing Farmers Market - Four hours every Saturday, Leeland Road, Ealing
- Richmond Farmers Market - Saturdays 11am to 3pm. Heron Square, just by Richmond Bridge.
- Kew Village Market - Typically first Sunday of month. Station Parade, next to Kew Gardens tube.
- Twickenham Farmers Market - Every Saturday 9am-1pm, Holly Road Car Park, Twickenham, Middlesex TW1 4HF
Cultivate London - 020 8579 0363
Cultivate London is an innovative urban farm based across multiple sites in West London, including Commerce Rd Brentford. They produce a range of herbs and vegetables for sale to London households, restaurants and shops.
Fuller Smith & Turner
Our local independent family brewers since 1845. Beers include London Pride and Chiswick Bitter. Have a pint of Fullers in the ‘Brewery Tap’ or look out for these beers in your local. Drinking local beer is better for the environment – they don’t clock up as many miles in transportation.
A little bit of country life in West London – well Brentford to be precise…
Osterley Park Farm shop - 020 8560 6580
Located in Osterley Park and run by the tenant farmer, buy locally grown seasonal products such as fruit, vegetables, eggs and honey and support the local economy.