Minutes, May 2009

Brentford Recycling Action Group
Minutes of Meeting at
The Residents’ Club Room, Brentford Dock
@ 7pm on Tuesday 5 May 2009

 

Attending: Douglas Benford; Patti Horsnell; Hugh Picton; Sarah Hoyle; Kathleen Richardson; Simon Storey, Rukmini West; Andrew Dakers

No

Topics

Action

1

Minutes of last meeting agreed.

2

Apologies for Absence: Paul Richens, Diana Leap, Virginia Fassnidge

3

Noticeboard: Poster for Sonic Recycler displayed in the noticeboard. DL

4

Battery Box: Hugh has moved the box to a site in the Dock. Somerfield closed on 22 April and the new owners, Morrison’s will reopen in two-three months.. As soon as practical, the new management will be approached so that we can ask for their cooperation in continuing this very good service. DL PH

5

Canal side Recycling: Continue to follow up. PH

6

Sonic Recycler, Saturday 9 May 2009 from 4:00 till late.  Stalls to be set up from 3:30, probable take down about 6:00/6:30.  Film “Age of Stupid” to be shown at 4:30 we should try to distribute as many relevant leaflets as possible – ask LBH if they have any suitable, Greener Hounslow etc. DB ALL

7

Future Events: Saturday May 16th from 12:00 to 4 pm is to be the Brentford May Fayre in St Paul’s Park, a traditional fair with lots of stalls and games.  We will be there with the brag stall and ducks for which Diana has prepared some new questions. Start set up from about 11:30.

Brentford Festival 2009: This very successful event will be held in Boston Manor Park on Sunday, 6 September.  Again, we will have a presence together with LBH’s Recycling Team. Will Paul be able to bring the worms? Further details nearer the time.

St Paul’s School Summer Fair: Saturday 4 July. Brag will be there, details/arrangements at June meeting.

Ivybridge Estate Fun Day: Sunday 12 July 12:00 to 4:00. We should be there as usual. If Paul can bring worms they would really appreciate it.

ALL

8

Young Green Voices: Now distributed to all households in TW8! Now we should plan for the Award Presentation.  Sarah has had preliminary discussions with the Head at St Paul’s School who is keen to hold the ceremony in the school hall.  A date in early July has been suggested, starting at 6:30 pm.  A certificate, which can be designed by Sarah and, if possible, printed with the help of LBH, should be presented to all the children who took part in the project.  Staff from Hounslow Recycling Team, Councillors, the Mayor (who could present certificates?) to be invited. SH                PH

9

Leaflet Distribution: Discuss future brag leaflet distribution at Brentford Station at a future meeting. PR

10

Used Furniture etc: Hugh will continue to keep us informed of any progress on the Brentford Dock scheme. HP

NEXT MEETING Tuesday 2 June 2009

to start at 7pm in the Residents’ Club Room/Directors’ Meeting Room, Brentford Dock

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s