Minutes, Dec 2010

Brentford Recycling Action Group
Minutes of Meeting held in
The Magpie and Crown, Brentford High Street
@ 7pm on Tuesday 7 December 2010

Attending: Patti Horsnell, Douglas Benford, Hugh Picton, Rukmini West, Andrew Dakers (later), Virginia Fassnidge, Alex Rigge (LBH Recycling Team)

No Topics Action
1 Minutes of last meeting agreed.
2 Apologies for Absence: Michelle Aspinall-Baker, Sara Ward,  Paul Richens, Kath Richardson
3 Give and Take Day, Brentford Dock: Still in discussion – we will look at this again in the new year.  HP 2011
4 LBH Catering: No more has been heard although David Adams said he would keep us informed of progress re: theSustainable Restaurants Association. Follow up in the new year. AD PH 2011
5 Caterers Food Waste: We agreed that we should still write a letter to LBH and Councillors about recycling the food and packaging waste left over from public functions at the Civic Centre. Andrew and Patti to draft a letter to David Adams, catering Manager at LBH, in the new year. AD PH 2011
6 Brentford Dock Children’s Gardening Club: Further news about this early next year. HP 2011
7 Disposal of used cooking oil: Rory Prendergast, Hounslow Homes, is knowledgeable on this and Hugh will check and report back. HP
8 AGM: As previously mentioned, this was held on Wednesday 24th November.  Reported a great success -Speakers: Sarah Dickinson from West London Waste and Natasha Epstein, from LBH very well received. ALL
9 New Homeowners Packs: We will look into this in more detail in the new year together with possibility of revising/recreating the web site.  We will apply for a grant which will go towards paying for the work involved.  Ideas, please. BRING FORWARD IN THE NEW YEAR. ALL 2011
10 Membership: We should have a campaign to recruit more members. We have broadened our horizons over the years and should appeal to more like-minded people. Alex has checked our members’ addresses against the LBH’s Council Tax lists and deleted the names which were no longer at those addresses. Letter to remainder asking if they are still interested in brag and asking them to suggest what we might do in the future to be drafted.  Recommendations to be submitted for next meeting, letter should be sent as early as possible in 2011. BRING FORWARD IN JANUARY. ALL AR PH
11 BRAG Green Champion Award: This was awarded to Diana Leap. A certificate was produced by LBH featuring photographs taken by Rukmini at various events at which Diana played a significant part. We are all extremely sad that Diana is no longer with us.
12 Brentford Community Council are conducting a survey as part of the Brentford Sustainable Committee. The purposes will be to:

  • Identify and publicise what is available in the community and how to access it
  • Use the information to improve Hounslow Council planning and provision.
  • Maximise available funding to Brentford organisations.
  • Create a community action plan to improve community coordination and make Brentford a better place in which to both live and work.

Please look at the following:http://www.brentfordtw8.com/default.asp?section=info&page=communitycouncil004.htm and take part in the survey.  This will also be completed on behalf of brag.

ALL
13 Noticeboard: Alex brought some LBH posters re Christmas recycling for us to display. Patti and Hugh will arrange to change and remove the AGM information. HP PH

NEXT MEETING Tuesday 4 January 2011

to start at 7pm in the Directors’ Meeting Room, Brentford Dock

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s