January 2016 minutes

Brentford Recycling Action Group
Minutes of Meeting held in the Toll House, Brentford Lock
on Tuesday 5 January 2016
 
Attending: Patti Horsnell, Hugh Picton, Douglas Benford, Rukmini West, Virginia Fassnidge, Catharine Browne, Joanna de Courcey, Caroline Stewart

No Topics Action
1 Minutes of last meeting agreed.
2 Apologies for Absence: Michelle Aspinall-Baker, Paul Richens, Kath Richardson, Wendy Mackenzie, Chelsea Edwards,  Cllrs. Myra Savin and Guy Lambert, Sam Thomas, Canal and River Trust
3 Noticeboard: Nothing has happened over the Christmas holidays so Patti will continue within the next days.

(December minutes: Andy Chaffey, Regional Manager, Morrisons, has asked us to tell them the anticipated cost of purchase and installation of a replacement noticeboard. We have consulted with Rachel Victor-Sampson, Town Manager and Martin Barrow who is the surveyor for the area of Market Square where we might like to position the board. Wendy has researched a couple of companies who supply the kind of board we had so now are just waiting for some costings so that we can go back to Morrisons.)

PH
4 Marie Curie Coffee Mornings: These continue to be held successfully every month in the Brentford Dock club room to raise funds. The next one will be on Monday 18th January from 10:30 to 12:30.  Please attend if you can! Good cause to support. ALL
5 FOOD WASTE RECYCLING AT TOWN MEADOW: Chelsea and Louisa were in communication but as Louisa has now left Chelsea will try to communicate with Anna Humphries, who has taken her place. (Hugh tells us that the food waste collection plans are now progressing at Brentford Dock.) Efforts to resolve to be continued now the holidays are over. CE  AH

Guy Lambert

6 BRENTFORD COUNCILLORS: Myra and Guy wish us all a Happy New Year but sent apologies for not being able to attend this meeting. They would like us to tell them if there is anything they can help with. ALL
7 WHERE DOES RECYCLING GO?: Lively discussion about this.  There have been considerable improvements in machinery for sorting etc. recently and we agreed that we would endeavour to make arrangements to visit a recycling centre in the not too distant future, remembering the tour of Grundon’s we did some years ago. Discuss with Recycling Team at LBH as soon as possible.  (When we get our new noticeboard this could be a good topic for a display.) PH
8 CLEAN FOR THE QUEEN: in celebration of the Queen’s 90th birthday this year, Rukmini informed us of an award which is proposed for a “naming and shaming” project for the “10 most filthy places”. Any nominations? RW
9 RECYCLING IN FLATS: Joanna drew to our attention the lack of any recycling facility at Brook Court in Brook Road South.  Patti said she would inform LBH to see if this omission could be rectified. PH
10 WELL BRENTFORD & SYON: There will be a stall at Brentford Market on Sunday 10th January to promote Disability Network Hounslow’s new initiative for sharing skills and knowledge with the community. ALL

 

NEXT MEETING Tuesday 2nd February 2016
to start at 7pm in the Toll House, Brentford Lock

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s