City Bridge Trust is offering fully funded eco-audits and tailored support packages to third-sector organisations as part of the initiative to help ‘green’ the third sector, improving both organisational performance and reducing environmental impact.The Trust will cover the costs of an eco-audit, training or consultancy provided by its consultants. This is likely to take up to about five days, and will include the following:
- visiting your offices, and discussions with chief executive, staff and trustees
- reviewing your energy use, waste, travel patterns and purchasing practice
- reviewing policies and how decisions are made
- creating a report and action plan
- making a follow-up visit after a year
- reporting on the changes and savings achieved.
You do not need to be in receipt of a City Bridge Trust grant to request a free eco-audit.
City Bridge Trust is the funding arm of Bridge House Estates, a charitable trust established in 1282 by the City of London Corporation . It was set up to make use of funds surplus to bridge requirements and provides grants totalling around £20m per year towards charitable activity benefitting Greater London. The City of London Corporation is the sole trustee of City Bridge Trust and members of its Court of Common Council form the Trust’s Grants Committee.